Friday, August 14, 2009

Our Trip

The girls are recovering and getting happier every day now! After a wonderful week of constant crying and no sleep, they finally slept through the night last night! Well until 4:30 which counts in my book. I feel like a new person; I can think about the same thing for longer than half a minute, I had energy and time this morning to clean my house, and now I am enjoying a movie and I don't even need the subtitles on to know what they are saying!
So, last week I went to visit family. My cousin got married and we went to a family reunion. The wedding was great, it was so nice to see family that I rarely get to talk to in person. I am excited for my cousin too, they looked really happy together. We toted all three babies to the reception. I got asked "You have TRIPLETS??" several times. I felt a huge amount of relief as I was able to say "No, JUST twins". The family reunion was a lot of fun too, we got to play games, and the girls met a lot of my family for the first time.
One big reason we went up was to see my sister Alyssa. Carol and I were pregnant at the same time, our due date was 5 days apart. We both had girls (I just had two). Since Ashley and Elysha were born three weeks early, their aunt is three weeks younger than they are! So I don't want to miss out on seeing her as a baby. When Ashley and Elysha first noticed her, they both just stared at her with huge eyes like "woah! she is our size but she looks so different!" They seem to have a connection too, because I let my girls pick out their onsies (they do this by either looking at the poke-a-dot one or the flower one) and they picked out the same onsie that Alyssa was wearing and we didn't even know it! So we had fun with them looking like little triplets for the day.

Alyssa was even nice enough to share her toys and room with my girls. Elysha loved Alyssa's swing, especially the little mobile. She would literally stare at the teddy bears for hours making this exact face of stunned curiousity. I think we should probably invest in a mobile.

I don't know why I don't have as many pictures of Ashley on this trip, it just seems like she was sleeping every time we had the camera out. I promise she was just as cute and fun as Elysha.

Elysha was sitting with Alyssa and her uncles, Nathan and Nicholas, were making them smile. That is the first time they have ever really played, it was fun to watch them all together.

My mom practiced taking care of two babies at once and got pretty good at it.

Well, I start school again next week, so I might start getting a little crazy if I try to write everyday! I will start writing on Saturdays, and if I have time I will add more.

1 comment:

  1. It was so fun to see you in Utah! I'm glad the girls are doing better - I know how that goes. It seems like it is always up and down with nights.

    ReplyDelete